Office Envy Ltd (company number 03272905), registered office at The Smart Centre, Tenth Avenue, Zone 3 Deeside Ind. Park, Flintshire CH5 2UA) and is collectively referred to as "Office Envy", "we", "us" or “our” in this policy.
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Office Envy, we are totally committed to safeguarding your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. We are also dedicated to being transparent about what personal data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Personal information submitted to us by you will be used for the purposes specified within this statement. We may use your personal information:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to enable customer service interactions with you;
- to improve your online experience by personalising our website;
- to manage any credit account(s) that you hold with us;
- to send sales invoices and statements to you and to collect payments from you;
- to send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- to send you email communications which you have specifically requested;
- to send you promotional offers and/or other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post, or where you have specifically agreed to this, by email; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information.
SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with our trusted third parties. These include IT, marketing and courier/delivery providers.
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security
controls. We impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to your personal data, which means they cannot use your data for any other purpose other than to provide services to you on behalf of us.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will not keep your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different data retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will typically hold any personal data is 6 years.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- your name;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us [Contact Name(s); Email Address(es); Telephone Number(s); Invoice Address; Delivery Address(es)];
- information relating to any transaction carried between you and us, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and/or services;
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of our website, this may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email campaigns and/or newsletters [Contact Name(s); Email Address(es)];
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as Twitter);
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
Like most websites, we use session cookies, persistent cookies and third- party cookies on our websites to collect information. Cookies are small data files which are placed on your computer as you browse our website. They are used to ‘remember’ when your computer accesses our website. Cookies are essential for the effective operation of our website and help you order online with us. They are also used to tailor the products and services offered to you, both on our website and elsewhere.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date. Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of www.officeenvy.co.uk being visited by you. When you visit our website, another entity sets a cookie through our website for example Facebook and Twitter.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; prevent fraud and increase website security.
We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; keep track of your preferences (preferred layout etc) in relation to the use of our website.
We will use third-party cookies to enable:
Facebook - we make use of Facebook accounts and services such as a Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/OfficeEnvyUK/). This website also uses social buttons for example 'Facebook like' to enable website users to easily share pages with friends through social networking sites. These websites may set a cookie when you access them via these buttons. Facebook uses persistent cookies and this information may be transmitted via a share link to Twitter and stored on servers in the US.
Twitter - we make use of Twitter accounts such as (@OfficeEnvyUK). Twitter also uses persistent cookies.
Webpages may also use social buttons for example 'Facebook like' and 'Tweet' to enable website users to easily share pages with friends through social networking sites. These websites (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc) may set a cookie when you access them via these buttons. Click on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we strongly recommend you read the privacy notice of every website, plug-in or application that you visit.
Most internet browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some only allow you to reject/block third party cookies.
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in this policy.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any other person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We take the security of your personal data seriously and have in place appropriate measures to keep your personal data secure.
Our security measures include:
- encryption of data;
- assessments of service providers who may handle your personal data;
- penetration testing of systems;
- security controls which protect our IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access;
- internal data information security policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to any third party and we will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Office Envy has appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure we protect the personal data of our customers and comply with data protection legislation.
If you have any queries relating to how Office Envy uses your personal data that are not answered within this policy, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer by:
- phone: 0333 666 1666
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- write to: Data Protection Officer, Office Envy, The Smart Centre, Tenth Avenue, Zone 3 Deeside Ind. Park, Flintshire CH5 2UA.